Where I talk about things that interest me

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Hunting Trip

I went hunting with Merriwether last weekend. It rained most of the day Saturday. Neither of us saw any deer or pigs.

I like to use a hammock. i got this one at gander mountain for twenty bucks. first thing i did was pull out all the paracord strands that made the ties. i replaced them with 1" polyester strapping. i sewed loops on each end of the straps and i use a real simple attachment to hold it to the tree. no knots to worry about untying the next morning. this pic shows my poncho rigged up over the hammock. It did a pretty good job of keeping the rain and the dew off.





Besides taking a hunk of skin out of my right leg with a 5 pound axe, it was a great weekend.

God Bless Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment