Where I talk about things that interest me

Sunday, February 22, 2009

An afternoon at Spring Creek

Sunday was such a beautiful day. I asked my lovely wife if she'd like to go to the creek with the kids and I, and she agreed. She has been reluctant to go in the past, but she has been coming around. She really enjoyed it and wants to go back.

While we were sitting on the sand bar watching the kids build a sand castle, I put my Imusa grease pot on the fire to boil some water for tea. It was a very nice way to spend the day with the family. You should try it some time.























On the walk in, I tapped two birch trees. Of course I forgot to take a pic of that. By the way, sorry for the crummy pics, these are taken on my cell phone. Both of these bottles were overflowing. I should have brought bigger bottles. The sap tastes like water, with just a hint of sweetness.























I think i'm gonna make a cup of woodsman's tea.

God Bless Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment