Where I talk about things that interest me

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day at the beach

My lovely wife said she wanted to go to the beach for Mother's Day. So we loaded up the family and headed out. It was pretty crowded out there. We went to a public access beach south of the sea wall.

Looking south


Looking north. You can see they still have a lot of clean up to do.


They beautiful, clear, Gulf Coast water.


While we were playing, the Coast Guard flew over. I zoomed in best I could and got this shot. You can almost see the personnel.


This is the famous spot where the I D 10 T stayed and got stuck in the building. The truck is still there. All the windows are blown out.


Then we had lunch at Mario's. If you are ever in Galveston, eat here. It is on 61st Street. They make their pizza right there when you order it. The cook tosses the dough in the air. If you go over and ask, he will toss one of the dough frisbee's out to you so the kids can play in the dough.

God Bless Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment