Where I talk about things that interest me

Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Mora Knife

I like Mora knives. They cut like crazy, they are not expensive and they are well made. I picked this one up at a local wood woorking retailer for $13. It is the 3.5" laminated model. The handle was pretty plain. The blade was extremely sharp. I didn't care for the plain barrel style grip though. So, I decided to add a little finger groove in the front. I also burnt the handle with a propane torch. After two weeks of cutting, carving and food prep, it is starting to get a nice patina on the blade. Of course I had to make the sheath more to my liking as well. I cut a small slot in the very bottom of the sheath. This will allow liquids to drain out. I also hooke a biner clip in the belt loop. I prefer dangle style sheaths, so this works better for me.

If you have a chance, I encourage you to get a Mora.

God Bless Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment