Where I talk about things that interest me

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time to get the loading press back out

I used to reload quite a bit with my Lee Loaders. Then we had our 2.5 children, got a white picket fence and two SUV's in the driveway. Well, at least the 2.5 children part anyway. So it has been a while since these Loaders have seen day light. If you've tried to buy ammo lately, you probably had a bad case of sticker shock. So, if I can find the supplies, I am going to get back to reloading. My wife is REALLY enjoying the last few trips to the range, and I'd like to keep that going. I love taking her shooting. The kids are also getting to that age, so it looks like the makings of a nice family outing.


My OLD Lyman vibratory tumbler. It doesn't hold many cases, but it works and it was given to me by a friend. So I'm not complaining.


Here is a box of @ 700 55gr. FMJ .223. I should have enough powder, just need a few more packs of primers.


All the necessary items (minus rubber mallet and calipers) to slowly reload lots of ammo.

So I think I will be spending some time at the loading bench over the next few weeks when I can.

God Bless Yall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should do a tutorial on how to reload those .223 FMJ rounds. Not that I would ever use it as I dont own a gun, but would love to read it!

-zeb

Keith said...

Use a flintlock muzzle-loader. You will save yourself a lot of time reloading and also have a decent long term survival gun.

Post a Comment