Where I talk about things that interest me

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Latest Plinker - Crossman 1322

A few months ago I decided I wanted to get back into airguns.  With the price of ammo skyrocketing and little on the shelf, I took the plunge.  I watched the Yellow Forums daily until this one was posted.  A nice 1377 that was converted to a 1322.  It also already had the shoulder stock, aftermarket piston and valve mods done.  I have always loved the 2289 Backpacker model and this one resembles it a lot.


While waiting for it to arrive I stocked up on pellets.  In the past I had found that the Crosman Premier Hollow Points were the best ammo for these guns.  I also ordered an LDC from TKO22.  Once I received it I did some testing and sighted in the red dot sight.  These rifles are pretty accurate.  I got out my chroni and did some fps testing.

With 10 pumps, 14.3 gr pellets and 14" barrel I was averaging 500fps.  With 15 pumps, I was averaging 575fps.  Valve emptied.  I only did one shot with 20 pumps.  625fps.  Air still in valve.  That's too much pumping though.

More pics.


I enjoy this rifle and it is a pleasure to use.  With the LDC it is super backyard friendly.

God Bless Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment